Saturday, July 10, 2010

The beauty of an honest world

The Rockets were in action today and after many insults and put-downs I realized that honesty rocks. Several faithful Rockets commended me for my honesty today after comments such as, "I would rather have a bag of sand play third than you cuz at least I know it will keep a few balls in the infield," and "wow, that could have been the least productive at-bat I've ever seen, striking out to end the game takes considerable skill not to commit suicide after doing it." While some call it mean I call it brutal honesty. Everyone is thinking it and it takes a real friend to put it out there. I appreciate the person who has the balls to actually speak the truth and for those who do you will actually be greatly surprised by the responses. For instance, if a girl asks if she is fat and you say "you were fat 35 pounds ago" I guarantee that someone will laugh at that but most importantly she will realize her bulk and hopefully begin doing something about it and maybe get back into shape. By telling her she is fat you have possibly added 10 years to her life and made her much happier in the end. I like being honest because lies only come back to bite you. So if you live your life by being completely honest you will be rewarded by 70 virgins in the afterlife. I figure if it works for the Muslims it should work for atheists as well.

"The truth shall set you free, unless you tell the truth about killing someone then it will probably land you in prison." Bulldawg

2 comments:

Han said...

cute green background you have now... fucking queer.

JAAtkinson said...

You're right the bright green was slightly on the gay side. However, black is gothic. I will compromise by having black with green writing.